Businesses are prone to losses from opportunistic and well-planned burglaries. The majority of business burglaries occur at night. The following tips will help you protect your businesses:
- Use several security methods; do not rely on one solution.
- Test your alarm system regularly.
- Ensure ALL your staff is alert to suspicious behaviour.
- Confirm that your security arrangements are in place and in good working order. Have your alarm system regularly checked for performance and possible upgrades.
- Make sure IMC has the correct key holder details.
- Illuminate all exterior points of entry with permanent fixtures that are difficult to reach or tamper with. This will increase the chances of intruders being noticed.
- Install entry protection alarms to detect the breaking of windows and the opening of doors.
- Place security signs and stickers on points of entry to serve as deterrents to criminals.
- Use electronic access systems rather than traditional keys; access cards cannot be easily duplicated.